Blue Springs Fieldhouse Handbook
Member Services | Contact Us
Address: 425 NE Mock, Blue Springs, MO 64014
Main Phone #: 816-228-0137 Fax #: 816-224-3432
Director of Parks and Recreation: Dennis Dovel – email@example.com
Operations Manager: Steve Willman – firstname.lastname@example.org
Superintendent of Recreation: Justin Stuart – email@example.com
Recreation Supervisor: Rachel Uptergrove – firstname.lastname@example.org
Recreation Supervisor: Heather Reynolds – email@example.com
Member Services: Sherry McCoy – firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Assistant: Carol Reed – email@example.com
Marketing Coordinator: Stephanie Myers- firstname.lastname@example.org
Fitness Supervisor: Jen Talaskiemail@example.com
Hours of Operation
Monday-Thursday 5:00am – 9:30pm
Friday 5:00am – 8:00pm
Saturday 7:00am – 6:00pm
Sunday 10:00am – 6:00pm
Parts of the Fieldhouse facility may close earlier for special events and/or leagues and tournaments.
Please consult the current program and Facility Schedule for exact times or call.
The Blue Springs Fieldhouse is closed for the following holidays:
New Year’s Day | Thanksgiving Day | Christmas Day
The following holidays have a reduced schedule:
Christmas Eve (December 24th) – Closes early
New Year’s Eve (December 31st) – Closes early
Changes in Fees, Schedules, Policies, & Hours of Operation
The Blue Springs Fieldhouse will review and revise policies as it deems necessary and under its sole discretion.
Programs, schedules, policies, and hours of operation are subject to change without prior notification. Notification will be given thirty (30) days in advance of any membership fee increase.
Tours of the Fieldhouse facility are available as follows:
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 8:00pm
Saturday/Sunday 10:00am – 5:00pm
Member Services at the Front Desk
The Front Desk is the place to find out everything happening at the Blue Springs Fieldhouse. Staff can provide you with information regarding programs, classes, camps, registration, facility schedules, Child Watch, and other Parks and Recreation activities.
Comment Cards are also available at the Front Desk at any time. Your feedback will help us better serve you. We encourage you to include your name, phone number and email address so that we may respond to you personally.
Membership Card (Key Fob)
Whenever you visit the Blue Springs Fieldhouse, please be sure to bring your membership card (key Fob) to access the facility and all the benefits it has to offer. Check-in is simple; just swipe your card at the Member Service counter and wait for our friendly staff to verify your membership.
You will also be required to swipe your membership card to access the Linda “Landahl” Edison Community Fitness Center.
Membership cards must be carried at all times
If you are participating in an activity on a drop-in basis, you will be required to show your membership key fob or day pass key fob. There may be a $1 replacement fee for lost or stolen cards. Members must report lost or stolen cards immediately to the Member Service Desk.
Monthly dues will be collected each month by EFT/ACH (electronic fund transfer) or recurring charge to a credit/debit card. The funds transfer will occur on the 1st of every month. If the 1st occurs on a weekend, the transfer will occur on the Monday following. Your monthly dues are not based upon attendance or failure to use the facility. Dues will be deducted on a month-to-month basis and may be terminated with a thirty (30) day written notice of the billing date. The enrollment fee is a non-refundable processing fee. A $20/month fee may be charged for payments not collected via the EFT/ACH billing process or recurring debit/charge card.
The Blue Springs Fieldhouse will provide members 30 days written notice of a membership fee increase. Membership increases are typically on an annual basis and are a result of the increased cost of doing business. All fee increases will be brought before the Blue Springs Park Commission for their review and approval.
If a member has paid in full for the year, a renewal request will be mailed out 1 month prior to the anniversary date.
If a member pays monthly, the membership is only stopped when a request in writing is provided by the member with a minimum of 30 day notice prior to membership being stopped. This must be done using the Member Status Change Form available at Member Services Desk.
Membership Status Change
In accordance with the Membership Agreement, any change to a membership must be communicated in writing. Contact the Member Services Desk in person to complete a Membership Status Change Form to authorize changes including:
• Address, telephone, or email address updates
• Freeze request (see Freeze/Hold section for policy)
• Initial payment authorization or EFT update
• Change in Membership Type involving an upgrade, downgrade, member additions or deletions.
• Cancellation \ Change authorization signature \ Membership Changes based on Age
• Change in payment type (e.g., use a different credit card or account)
It can take up to 30 business days for the change to be processed and take effect. Individuals must be 60 years of age or older to be eligible for a senior membership. If you turn 60 while holding an active membership, please request an adjusted rate in writing. Please stop by the Front Desk to complete a Membership Status Change Form. If cancellation notice is given less than 30 days prior to the next billing cycle, the member will be charged for the next full month and will have access to the facility that month.
After 5 days of being delinquent, if your account has not been paid, you must bring it current to use the facility. In addition, after 3 consecutive months, the membership will be suspended and terminated. If a member wishes to rejoin the facility, they will be required to pay all past due charges including monthly membership fees, late charges and penalties.
Charges for dishonored checks, bank drafts and declined credit cards are as follows:
a. assess a service charge of $20
b. collect all current and past due balances
c. terminate the membership
Membership Payment Methods
Membership to the Blue Springs Fieldhouse can be paid by:
• EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) is an electronic, automatic monthly method of payment.
• A checking account, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or Statement Savings Account is accepted for EFT payment.
• EFT drafts will be conducted on the 1st of each month for the upcoming month’s membership dues.
This payment option provides the convenience of making lower payments rather than having to pay the full amount of membership at one time. EFTs can be canceled at any time by completing a Membership Status Change Form at the Member Services Desk with 30 days’ notice. If cancellation notice is given less than 30 days prior to the next billing cycle, the member will be charged for the next full month and will have access to the facility that month.
Annual Full Payment – one full payment of the annual membership fee.
If any EFT/ACH and debit/credit card is not honored, the Blue Springs Fieldhouse has the right to:
a. assess a service charge of $20
b. collect all current and past due balances
c. terminate the membership
A late fee (service charge) of $20 will be assessed for returned checks and declined electronic payments. Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable. Refunds may only be made where there is a documented medical condition or relocation of primary residence more than 30 miles away from the Blue Springs Fieldhouse for annual full payment passes. If cancellation notice is given less than 30 days prior to the next billing cycle, the member will be charged for the next full month and will have access to the facility that month.
If a member re-joins 30 days or more after canceling a membership, they are subject to the set-up fee.
Membership Inactive Status (Freeze/Hold)
Memberships run continuously unless a temporary suspension is approved in writing by the Blue Springs Fieldhouse. Upon verification, any member in good standing may convert to inactive membership status (freeze) at no charge provided that he/she is temporarily relocated for a period of at least three (3) consecutive months or is ill/injured for at least thirty (30) days. No shorter time periods will be allowed. A physician’s note or proof of relocation is required. Members may freeze their account in writing with a thirty (30) day notice. For other personal reasons, freezing will not be allowed. Upon reactivation of the membership, normal monthly billing will proceed at the applicable rate.
Membership Status Change Form is required to request a freeze on your account which is available at the Member Services Desk.
The Blue Springs Fieldhouse offers memberships at a discount to corporate or affiliated groups who join as groups. Schedule a meeting with our staff if you would like more information about our Corporate Membership program.
Day Pass Policy:
Anyone entering the building will be required to fill out a Day Pass Wavier, take a photo, pay the rate based on their address and will be issued a day pass key fob. Anyone ages 17 and younger will require a parent/guardian signature on the wavier.
Members 18 years or older, bringing in a guest can receive the service area rate, no matter where the guests resides. The member will need to stay with the guest while in the building. The guest will need to complete the day pass waiver with appropriate signatures and identification.
Individuals within the following zip codes with be considered within the service area:
64014, 64015, 64029, 64057,64064, and 64086
If you expect to register for a day pass key fob, please arrive a minimum of one half hour early to complete your registration and payment prior to use of the facility.
While programs are open to the general public, priority will be given to members via early registration offers.
• Programs are limited to an appropriate size providing max benefits to each participant.
• To receive member rates your membership must be valid throughout the time period the program is offered.
• Program fees must be paid in full at the time of registration unless specifically stated otherwise.
The Blue Springs Fieldhouse reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient registration. If a program is canceled before the start date due to insufficient registration, a credit or refund will be given.
You can find the current Blue Springs Fieldhouse Program and Facility Schedule and Play Naturally activity brochure at the Member Service Desk or online at www.bluespringsgov.com/parks. In the Play Naturally activity guide, you will find many of the current Blue Springs Fieldhouse programs and information. As a member benefit, programs are listed as free where applicable, or are offered at a lower rate than for non-members for programs held at the Blue Springs Fieldhouse.
How to Register for Programs
• In Person at the Member Services Desk. Please bring your VISA, MasterCard, Discover, cash or personal check.
• Online at www.bluespringsgov.com/parks
• By Mail via a completed registration form accompanied by a payment of VISA, MasterCard, Discover or personal check.
• Some programs require pre-registration if you are looking to sign up for a program please visit our website to verify registration dates.
• If you expect to register for a day pass key fob, please arrive a minimum of one half hour early to complete your registration and payment prior to use of the facility.
Program fees represent the cost of providing program activities or services not included in membership dues. Program fees must be paid in full at the time of registration in order to guarantee your spot in the program. If you wish to transfer to another class after registration, you must contact the Member Services Desk. Unless you have written authorization from the instructor stating a change is necessary, there will be a $5.00 transfer fee assessed. No refunds will be issued after the class has begun.
Make-up Class Policy
Due to the limited student-instructor ratio and full program schedule, there are no make-up lessons/classes for missed classes or classes cancelled for any reason. Please refer to the credits/refunds policy below for more information.
Cancellation of Classes
Classes must have a minimum number of participants in order to run. If a class does not meet its minimum enrollment, the class may be cancelled. To ensure a quality experience for all participants, the Blue Springs Fieldhouse may also choose to combine classes due to low enrollment. If the Blue Springs Fieldhouse cancels a class, a credit or refund will be issued. The following is the policy that the Blue Springs Fieldhouse will follow if a class is canceled:
• One week before the class starts, if the class has not met its minimum enrollment, those who are already registered in the class will be contacted and asked if they can help recruit additional class participants (i.e., would your child like to bring a friend).
• At least 3 business days before the class starts, the Blue Springs Fieldhouse staff will contact everyone enrolled in the class to let them know that the class has been canceled.
• If your class is canceled by the Blue Springs Fieldhouse, you will receive a full credit or refund.
Register early to avoid disappointment in case the class is full. If the course you are interested in is full, please request to be put on the waiting list. Additional programs may be offered dependent upon sufficient interest and facility and staff availability. Waiting lists will be taken for the formation of new classes but are not a guarantee of confirmed registration for the program. You will be contacted if space becomes available.
Requests for refunds must be made 5 business days prior to the start of a program. A full refund will then be given minus a $10.00 processing fee. There are no refunds or credits due to inclement weather or other incidents outside of the Blue Springs Fieldhouse control. A refund will be issued to those with a documented medical necessity. If a registered participant requests a credit to their Parks and Recreation account, a full credit will be issued for a period of one year and balances will be forfeited if not used within that period of time. It is the desire of our organization to offer programs at the lowest possible prices. In order to accomplish this, we have established specific policies concerning refunds. Please read these policies before registering for any Blue Springs Fieldhouse program:
Pre-paid membership dues – Membership dues are not refundable except in the following circumstances:
Documented medical condition – Which permanently prevents member from attending (medical conditions preventing members from attending for short term [1 month –11 months] are handled by “freezing” membership until member can return).
Relocation due to Employment - The member relocates at least 30 miles away from the Blue Springs Fieldhouse and establishes a new residency address.
Membership dues paid monthly (EFTs) – The paying of future membership dues monthly can be terminated by giving a written notice at least 30 days prior to the next withdrawal date. If cancellation notice is given less than 30 days prior to the next billing cycle, the member will be charged for the next full month and will have access to the facility that month. Set-up fees are non-refundable under any circumstances as well as any prepaid membership fees.
Leagues (Basketball, Volleyball, Indoor Soccer, etc.) differ from open recreational periods for the same sports because they restrict enrollment to a specific number and incur additional expenses (scorers, timers, referees, etc.). A league participation fee is charged based on a fair sharing of the costs of operating the league. Because a player draft usually occurs, it is not possible to replace players who wish to withdraw from the leagues with people on a waiting list. Leagues are non-refundable.
(i.e., kickboxing, dancing, yoga, sports performance training, etc.) Staff members are hired and equipment is purchased based on advanced registration. Refunds are granted only under the following conditions:
• 100% refund minus processing fee of $10.
• A documented medical condition which prevents the child or adult from participating in the program and the Center is notified prior to the start of the program.
• The Fieldhouse is notified of cancellation 5 business days prior to the start of the program.
Youth Visiting the Blue Springs Fieldhouse
The Blue Springs Fieldhouse is committed to creating the safest possible environment in which children can learn and grow. We therefore respectfully request that while inside the Blue Springs Fieldhouse building, parents and caregivers watch their children closely and control unruly behavior. The Blue Springs Fieldhouse does not accept responsibility for children in the building unless they are enrolled in Blue Springs Fieldhouse programs for which adult accompaniment is not a requirement and staff supervision is. Staff supervision is available only at program locations during class hours.
Youth 11 years and older, who do not require adult supervision, are welcome to visit the Blue Springs Fieldhouse. Youth under the age of 11 are required to be supervised by an adult 16 years or older. Visits to the Blue Springs Fieldhouse are not intended to service youth for a full day. For a fee, the Blue Springs Fieldhouse offers supervised full-day programming as an option for working parents in the summer. Recommended length of time for a visit to the Blue Springs Fieldhouse for an unsupervised youth is 3 hours, or less. The Blue Springs Fieldhouse reserves the right to revoke membership or deny access to any individuals that abuse this privilege without a refund.
Must be the age of 11 to use the Fitness Center, See below for age requirements for equipment use;
Members 11-17 years of age must complete an orientation and have a parent sign a Participant Agreement. Unless accompanied by a parent, use is not allowed. Ages 11-12 may use cardio equipment only and must be supervised by a family member 16 or over. Ages 13-15 may use cardio and strength equipment and must be supervised by a family member 16 or over, Ages 16 and up may use the fitness center unsupervised.
Code of Conduct
Grounds for Suspension or Termination
The Blue Springs Fieldhouse does not tolerate inappropriate, threatening, or harassing behavior including but not limited to:
• Failure to follow proper safety precautions and practices
• Destruction of property
• Use of profanity
• Sharing membership card with others
• Providing means of unauthorized access to non-members
• Being in possession or under the influence of alcohol or drugs
• Unauthorized possession of a weapon of any kind on any Blue Springs Fieldhouse property regardless of whether the person has a concealed weapons permit or is allowed by law to possess a weapon
• Sexual misconduct \ Disorderly conduct \ Physical fights
• Verbal or other forms of harassment
• Selling or promoting products and services without authorization by the Director of Blue Springs Parks and Recreation.
• Failure to pay membership fees
• Any behavior that is determined to be unacceptable by the Blue Springs Fieldhouse, and detrimental to those we serve
• Such conduct will be grounds for immediate suspension or termination of membership.
No refund will be issued. Please refer to Day Pass Policy.
The Blue Springs Parks and Recreation Department and Fieldhouse is an equal opportunity agency, and does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership, or activity in a local commission, disability, age, veteran status, genetic information or other legally protected status. The Blue Springs Parks and Recreation Department and Fieldhouse does not tolerate any type of harassment – physical, verbal, or sexual – of our members, guests, or employees. The Blue Springs Parks and Recreation Department and Fieldhouse reserves the right to deny access to the facility and its programs to those who refuse to abide by these policies.
The Blue Springs Fieldhouse is open to persons of all ages with a disability or special need. We will work to accommodate any individual need that reaches beyond our ADA compliance. If you need special assistance in order to attend a program, please contact the program director or our Member Services Desk. You are welcome to bring an aide with you while you are accessing our programs and services if so required.
It is the responsibility of every individual, or his/her parents or legal guardian to provide accident and health coverage while participating in all Blue Springs Parks and Recreation and Fieldhouse activities. The City of Blue Springs, Blue Springs Parks and Recreation and/or the Blue Springs Fieldhouse does not provide any accident or health coverage for its members or guests.
Bicycles, Skateboards, and In-line Skates
Bicycles, skateboards, roller skates and/or in-line skates are not allowed in the Blue Springs Fieldhouse facilities. Skateboards, roller skates and/or in-line skates are not allowed on Fieldhouse property.
Selling of external goods and services is not permitted at the Blue Springs Fieldhouse. Individuals may not circulate any petition or subscription list, solicit business, place any advertisement or leaflets, or exhibit any article for sale at any time on the Blue Springs Fieldhouse grounds including cars in the parking lot and on the corner by our signage. Announcements or posters may not be circulated or placed anywhere in the Blue Springs Fieldhouse or on the Blue Springs Fieldhouse grounds without consent of the Director of Parks and Recreation.
As a convenience to our members, the Blue Springs Fieldhouse provides small towels available in the Fitness Center. We ask that you return the used towels to the designated hamper by the Fitness Center Reception Desk prior to leaving the Fitness Center.
Individuals or non-profit organizations, regardless of membership status, may rent the Blue Springs Fieldhouse facilities for large or small events. Individual room rentals for birthday parties, bridal showers, wedding receptions, etc. can be accommodated as well as full facility rentals. Inquire at the Front Desk for pricing and availability.
Our meeting and event spaces include:
Members Lounges | Party/Conference Rooms | Spin Studio | Aerobic/Dance Studio
For meeting space rentals, please contact the Front Desk for more information.
Both our turf field and gymnasium are available for private rentals for parties or other get-togethers.
Must have a surface rented, no practices, coaching or an event is allowed without a rental reservation.
Gymnasium and Turf Field
Our gymnasium and turf field are available for private party rentals, practices, lock-ins, tournaments and corporate events. Please contact the Member Service Desk to schedule your event.
A minimum of one (1) basketball/volleyball court will be available for member open gym Monday through Thursday. The other courts may be reserved for practices, leagues or events. Additionally, Friday, Saturday and Sunday may have events that close the courts to members such as basketball/volleyball tournaments, league games or special events. If the courts and field are not reserved, our members are more than welcome to use these areas.
The turf field may be reserved anytime for practices, classes, tournaments or league games. If the field is not being used members may use the field, however NO throwing of baseball/softballs will be allowed for the safety of all guests. Lacrosse and Field Hockey are not allowed as well.
Kidz Corner Guidelines
The Kidz Corner is available to Fieldhouse Members and Non-members. Parents will need to check in at the Members Services Desk, pay any applicable fees and bring their child’s member ticket or daily visit receipt to the Kidz Corner. Must follow all policies of the Kidz Corner at all times:
• Children ages 3 months to 10 years old are welcome to visit the Kidz Corner for two hours per day.
• We have a ratio of 1 staff for every 10 children (1 to 3 for infants), with a maximum of 20 children in the room at a time. Our staff works to maintain our ratio at all times, however, as a drop-in babysitting program, ratios may become skewed for brief periods of time. We reserve the right to limit the number of children we serve to maintain the safety of all the children in the Kidz Corner. Any child requiring greater care than the 1 staff per 10 children ratio is unfortunately beyond the expertise and scope of our child watch services.
• A child with an active membership can utilize the Kidz Corner without paying the daily fee and will receive a Kidz Corner Member’s Ticket at the front desk when they swipe in their key fob. Parents with children who do not have an active membership will be required to pay the daily fee and bring their receipt to the Kidz Corner at check in.
• Please contact the Member Services Desk for hours of operation and fees. Both are subject to change.
• A parent/guardian must remain in the Fieldhouse facility when their child is in the Kidz Corner Room.
• For the health and safety of all children and staff, if a child exhibits symptoms of sickness or illness, the parent or guardian will be notified to pick up the child. Staff cannot administer any medicine or treatments.
• Staff is not allowed to change diapers. In the event that your child needs to be changed, we will contact the parent/guardian to come and change your child. No food or beverages will be accepted or left for the child. All feedings should occur prior to check in.
• Occasionally children in the Kidz Corner Room will become upset. Staff will try holding, soothing, and entertaining upset children. If they are unable to sooth an upset child after 10 minutes, they will contact the parent to pick up their child.
• The Blue Springs Fieldhouse reserves the right to remove or suspend children perceived as an endangerment to themselves or others. The Blue Springs Fieldhouse is not responsible for lost or stolen items. The Blue Springs Fieldhouse reserves the right to suspend child watch privileges from any member or non-member who consistently neglects our policies.
Diaper Changing Areas
For the convenience of our visitors, the Blue Springs Fieldhouse is equipped with diaper changing tables in the ladies’ locker room, men’s locker room, restrooms and family changing rooms. We respectfully require that diapers be changed in the designated areas only, not in public space, such as the lobby.
Food and Beverages
Food and beverages are for sale to members from our vending machines and we invite you to enjoy them in the member’s lounge or take them with you. With the exception of water bottles, no food or drink is permitted in the gymnasium, turf field, spin studio, aerobic/dance studio or fitness center. Please help us by placing your aluminum cans and plastic bottles in the recycling receptacle.
Free parking is available on the Blue Springs Fieldhouse grounds. Members are permitted to use the Blue Springs Fieldhouse parking lot only when they are utilizing the Blue Springs Fieldhouse facilities. Owners of illegally parked vehicles will be reminded and then towed at the owner’s expense if necessary. Please use our parking lot responsibly: park in designated areas, respect “pick up/drop off” and “handicap” only spaces, do not park in the fire lane, drive slowly, and please watch out for children.
The City of Blue Springs and the Blue Springs Fieldhouse is not responsible for lost or stolen belongings left in vehicles.
There are no pets allowed in the Blue Springs Fieldhouse facilities except trained service animals or other trained, assisting animals with proper documentation.
The City of Blue Springs, Blue Springs Parks and Recreation and the Blue Springs Fieldhouse may record and/or photograph performances and classes. Your attendance and/or participation shall be deemed your consent to appear in such programs and/or photographs without compensation. The City of Blue Springs, Blue Springs Parks and Recreation and the Blue Springs Fieldhouse reserves the right to use all photographs and video recordings for publicity purposes.
The City of Blue Springs, Blue Springs Parks and Recreation and the Blue Springs Fieldhouse is committed to respecting your privacy and recognizes your need for appropriate protection and management of any personal information you share with us. We will not share your information with any outside organizations, businesses, associations, or individuals unless required by law.
Our goal is to provide our members and guests with a safe and secure environment. Blue Springs Fieldhouse staff is trained to follow emergency procedures. To report an emergency, please contact a Blue Springs Fieldhouse staff member or the Front Desk who will notify the proper authorities immediately. In the event of a fire alarm or other emergency deemed necessary by police or fire personnel, the building must be evacuated. Your cooperation is necessary and appreciated. Please do not hesitate to ask for safety information if you have any questions concerning your health, use of equipment or facilities issues. Your questions and concerns will be addressed by the appropriate Blue Springs Fieldhouse staff members. Any change in your health status should be reported to the Member Services Desk to ensure that we provide you with an appropriate medical response. If you are involved in a critical incident or witness an injury, contact a Blue Springs Fieldhouse staff member for immediate medical assistance. The Blue Springs Fieldhouse is not responsible for the cost of ambulance services when called on your behalf. If you are involved in a non-critical incident that results in an injury to you or someone else, or witness an injury, please report it immediately to a Blue Springs Fieldhouse staff member. The Blue Springs Fieldhouse reserves the right to check personal belongings at the door and exclude or remove any person from the premises, or its programs, for any violation of our rules or regulations or for jeopardizing the safety and well-being of others.
With a commitment to good health, the Blue Springs Parks and Recreation and the Blue Springs Fieldhouse enforces a “no smoking policy” on any property owned, leased or controlled by the Blue Springs Fieldhouse. Anyone wishing to smoke or use other tobacco products must not be on the premises.
Lost and Found
Please contact the Member Services Desk to return a found item or if you need assistance in locating a lost item. If you have lost an item, please complete a Lost and Found Form which will assist staff in the event that your item is found. All items are stored in a secure area away from the Member Services Desk. If an item has been found, staff will call you and hold the item at the Member Services Desk. Lost and found items will be held for 30 days. If items are not claimed within 30 days, they will be disposed of or donated to charity. The City of Blue Springs, Blue Springs Parks and Recreation and the Blue Springs Fieldhouse is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
Annual Maintenance Program
The Blue Springs Fieldhouse will close portions of the facility periodically for annual preventative maintenance, cleaning, and revitalization. The Blue Springs Fieldhouse will post notifications throughout the facility concerning upcoming facility closings.
Clothing and Attire
Clothing should be appropriate to the activity. Comfort is recommended. Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times. Appropriate shirt, athletic shoes, and shorts or pants are required for all fitness areas in the facility. Street clothes, non-athletic shoes, work boots, open-toed shoes and sandals are not permitted in fitness areas. The Blue Springs Fieldhouse is a family place. Inappropriate or offensive dress will not be tolerated.
Cell Phone Policy
The use of cell phones is limited to designated areas within the Blue Springs Fieldhouse buildings and grounds including the lobby, member’s lounge, and outdoors. Cell phone use is strictly prohibited in the Kidz Corner Room, locker rooms and restroom areas.
Use of the telephone at the Member Services Desk is limited to emergencies only.
We are unable to take messages for members or page members. In the event of an emergency, we will attempt to locate you so please be sure you always check-in at the Member Services Desk.
The Blue Springs Fieldhouse has locker rooms for changing, showering, and storing your items while you work out. Below is our policy for use of available locker/changing room options.
Women’s Locker Room– Females of all ages. Female children under the age of 10 must be supervised by an adult female (18 years or older). We do not allow males of any age in the Women’s Locker Room as family rooms are available.
Men’s Locker Room – Males of all ages. Male children under the age of 10 must be supervised by an adult male (18 years or older). We do not allow females of any age in the Men’s Locker Room as family rooms are available.
Family Changing Restroom – There are family changing restrooms just east of the women’s locker room on the lower level. Both are available for all children with parents. The Family Changing Restrooms provide restroom facilities only. No showers are available in these rooms.
All of the Blue Springs Fieldhouse locker rooms and lockers are for day use only.
Please do not leave your belongings in the day lockers overnight as they will be removed by our custodial staff at the end of each day. We encourage members to bring and use padlocks to secure their belongings during the day. We do not recommend leaving valuables of any kind in the lockers (e.g., money, wallet, jewelry, electronic devices, etc.)
• Cell phone use is prohibited in the locker rooms.
• The Blue Springs Fieldhouse is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Some tips to keep your belongings secure.
• Lock your locker! Unlocked lockers are easy for anyone to access. Check locker once after locking to be sure it is securely locked!
• Do not bring valuables to the Blue Springs Fieldhouse. Only bring what you need to work out.
• Instruct your children to use the lockers to store belongings.
• Check your area and locker thoroughly before you leave.
• Do not store valuables in your car!
*We do have coin locker available for your use locate on the west wall of the basketball/volleyball courts. Cost is .25 per use.
Staff work hard to keep the locker rooms safe and clean.
You can help by:
• Drying off in the shower area before returning to the locker area.
• Drying wet counter tops after use.
• Depositing personal hygiene items in the appropriate waste bins.
• Cleaning up after yourself before leaving the locker room.
• Keeping all personal items in your locker. Please do not leave items in changing stalls, on sink, or on benches.
• Not bringing in food. Food is not permitted in the locker rooms.
• Not taking pictures. The use of camera and cell phone cameras is strictly prohibited.
• Controlling children. Please control children in the locker rooms. Children are asked not to run, eat, roughhouse or make excessive noise in the locker room.
• Notifying the Member Services Desk if there are cleanliness problems that need attention.
PROGRAMS INCLUDED IN MEMBERSHIP:
• Open Gym Recreation Time
• Open Turf Field Time
All Aerobic and Spin classes are included in a membership.
Fitness On Demand video led classes are included in a membership.
SPECIALTY PROGRAMS: (Additional Fee)
Gymnasium / Turf Field
• No food or drinks allowed in Gym except water in sealable leak proof containers.
• No profanity of any kind
•No Gum is allowed in Turf Field or Gym
• No Lacrosse or Field Hockey play is allowed.
• Keep gym clean, please pick up after yourself.
• No throwing/kicking balls up at the ceiling or windows.
• Anyone participating in destructive play or activities, will be asked to leave
• No throwing of a baseball or softball is permitted on the turf field or gymnasium.
• Any reckless play or inappropriate language will not be permitted
A minimum of one (1) basketball/volleyball court will be available for member open gym Monday through Thursday. The other courts may be reserved for practices, leagues or events. Additionally, Friday, Saturday and Sunday may have events that close the courts to members such as basketball/volleyball tournaments, league games or special events. Check with the Member Services Desk for a complete court schedule.
The turf field may be reserved anytime for practices, classes, tournaments or league games. If the field is not being used members may use the field, however NO throwing of baseball/softballs will be allowed for the safety of all guest.
PROGRAMS INCLUDED IN MEMBERSHIP:
All Aerobic and Spin classes are included in a membership.
Fitness On Demand video led classes are included in a membership.
Bring water for your workout. Wear comfortable clothes. Wear comfortable, supportive shoes. All class members are encouraged to work at their own pace and to modify any movements that are too difficult or cause pain.
• Arrive on time. It is the instructor’s discretion to not allow members to enter a class if they arrive 10-15 minutes late.
• Wear appropriate athletic clothing and shoes while exercising. For Yoga and Pilates classes shoes are not recommended.
• Gym bags and personal belongings are not allowed in the exercise area. Please use the lockers in the locker room or cubbies provided in the studios to secure your belongings.
• Youth members ages 11 – 15 may attend group exercise classes when accompanied by an adult.
• If you arrive late for class, take the time to warm-up and stretch before you begin your workout.
• If you leave class early, be sure to cool down and stretch.
• Use weights only when the instructor specifies their use during “resistance or strength” sections of the class. To avoid injury, ankle and wrist weights are NOT allowed during a class.
• No food, gum or drink is allowed with the exception of water/sports drinks in sealable leak proof containers.
• You control the resistance on your bike to make the pedaling as easy or difficult as you choose. Constant adjustment is normal.
• All you’ll need is workout clothes, a hand towel, and a sealable leak proof liquid container.
• Spin bikes have toe clips so you can wear regular sneakers, but also have the clip –in pedals as well.
• Members may reserve a bike 1 hour in advance of the scheduled class time. You can register in person only and will receive a ticket. There are only 25 bikes per class.
• Youth member’s ages 11 – 15 may attend spin classes when accompanied by an adult.
New member orientation is offered by appointment as part of your membership. Contact the Fitness Center to schedule your orientation. Workout guidelines are available from the Fitness Staff.
Our Fitness Center features a variety of cardiovascular and strength equipment.
CARDIOVASCULAR MACHINES STRENGTH EQUIPMENT
• 10 Life Fitness 95T Discover SE Treadmills
• 8 Life Fitness 95X Discover SE Elliptical
• 4 Life Fitness 95F Discover SE FlexStriders
• 2 Life Fitness 95P Discover SE Powermills
• 2 Life Fitness 95C Discover SE Upright Lifecycle Bikes
• 4 Life Fitness 95R Discover SE Recumbent Lifecycle Bikes
• 2 Life Fitness LifeCORE Bikes
• 2 Life Fitness GX Fluid Rowers
• 16 Life Fitness Insignia Selectorized Weight Machines
• 6 Life Fitness Signature Series Cable Motion Multi-Jungle Weight Machines
• 1 Life Fitness Smith Machine
• Cable Crossover
• Fixed Barbells
• Free weights
• Life Fitness HD Elite Half Rack for Squats
• Life Fitness Signature Series Leg Raise Station
• Life Fitness Signature Series Back Extension Station
• Life Fitness Synrgy360XS – TRX / Cross Fit training station
• Heavy Bag
•Chin up station
• 2 Nexersys Boxing Machines
• InBody570 Body Composition Analyzer
• FIT3D PROSCANNER
Must be the age of 11 to use the Fitness Center.
Members 11-17 years of age must complete an orientation and have a parent sign a Participant Agreement.. Ages 11-12 may use cardio equipment only and must be supervised by a family member 16 or over. Ages 13-15 may use cardio and strength equipment and must be supervised by a family member 16 or over, Ages 16 and up may use the fitness center unsupervised.
Bring your membership key fob to gain access.
Shirt and athletic shoes must be worn. Street clothes are not permitted (i.e. boots, open-toed shoes, and sandals).
• Wipe down equipment using disinfectant wipes after use
• Limit use of cardiovascular equipment to 30 minutes if others are waiting.
• Allow other members to “work-in” on strength machines
• Return equipment to its designated place when done
• No food. Liquid in sealable-proof containers is permitted
• No bags. Lock up all personal belongings in the locker room
• Offensive language, horseplay, or inappropriate/disrespectful behavior is not consistent with the mission of the Blue Springs Fieldhouse and will not be tolerated
Jen Talaski, M.S, EP-C
Blue Springs Parks and Recreation
Blue Springs Parks and Recreation
425 NE Mock Ave
Blue Springs, MO 64014
Office (816) 622-4346