Establishing New Water and/or Sewer Service
Water Service Connection for Residential and Business Customers
- All applicants require 24-hour advance notice.
- Applications received on weekends, holidays, or after 5:00 p.m. will be processed as received the following business day.
- Customers who require same-day service will be charged an additional $40.00 fee.
Customers may apply for water and/or sewer service using any one of the following processes:
- Complete the Blue Springs NEW Customer Utility Service Application (PDF) and deliver it to the Utility Billing Department at 1304 W. Main Street (temporary location until City Hall construction is complete).
- Complete the Blue Springs NEW Customer Utility Service Application (PDF) and e-mail it to email@example.com
- Call the Blue Springs Water Utility Billing Department at 816-622-4444 to apply via phone.
Transfers of service or ending service
- To transfer services from one City of Blue Springs account location to another, or to request an end to services at your location and a FINAL bill, please call the Blue Springs Water Billing Department at (816) 622-4444. Forwarding information will be needed for the final bill and remaining deposit. (if a deposit is held)
- Applicants who are renting the property served will be billed a $100.00 security deposit on the first bill
- Deposits will be refunded after 12 consecutive months of on-time payments or on the final billing, if the 12 payments were not satisfied when the account closes
- Customers transferring from one location to another, prior to the deposit being earned back, will have the deposit transferred to the new location
- Security deposits are not required for homeowners unless the account becomes delinquent
Water Service Connection for Landlords**These Applications Do Not Revert to Owner
Landlords/Management Companies who wish to establish a water and/or sewer service between tenants can place this type of application on file with the City of Blue Springs. Upon contacting the City of Blue Springs when a renter vacates, it can be placed back in the applicants name on the date requested, with 24-hour notice.
- Complete the Blue Springs Utility Service Application for Landlords (PDF) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver it to the Utility Billing Department
- Additional information may be required upon review of these applications
- Proof of ownership (deed, tax or mortgage paperwork)
- Management agreements between company applying for water, and the owner
- Listing of all properties in the City of Blue Springs service area under the “said” owner
- MO tax ID information
- City of Blue Springs Business License (if applicable, under City code SECTION 605.200)