Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Blue Springs, Mo. – The City of Blue Springs is hosting the ninth annual ‘My Blue Springs’ Photo Contest. This year, the categories are changing up just a bit to focus on what makes Blue Springs special – it’s people! We’d love to see photos of your kids, your neighbor or your classmates enjoying their favorite Blue Springs pastimes and locations.
There will be one winner in each age category and one overall winner. Photos will be judged by a panel of City of Blue Springs employees. Winners will be published in the 2018-19 winter edition of The Blue Springs Magazine.
STUDENT (UNDER 18)
This category is for students under the age of 18 to showcase their best photography using Blue Springs as the subject. Photos can include cityscapes, wildlife, events, parks and community life here in Blue Springs.
BLUE SPRINGS PARK LIFE (ANY AGE)
This category is to showcase the best photos taken within a City of Blue Springs Park or at a City of Blue Springs Parks and Recreation event. All ages.
PEOPLE OF BLUE SPRINGS (ANY AGE)
We want to see what makes the community so special – it’s people. Submit photos of your kids, your neighbor or your classmates enjoying their favorite Blue Springs pastimes and locations. All ages.
MY BLUE SPRINGS (18 AND OVER)
This general category is for any photo submitted that is taken within the Blue Springs City limits by an adult 18 or over. Photos can include cityscapes, wildlife, events, parks and community life here in Blue Springs.
• This contest is for Blue Springs residents only.
• All photos must have been taken inside Blue Springs city limits.
• Limited to 5 entries per person.
• Each entry must have the category you are entering and your contact information.
• All photos must be original work of the contestant and never been the subject of a copyright.
• Photos of people must include written consent of subject or of subject’s guardian.
• Digital Photos: jpg files at least 300 dpi at 5” x 7.”
• Standard Prints: must be at least 4” x 6.” Prints can be dropped off at the Blue Springs Public Safety Building, 1100 SW Smith Street or mailed to Photo Contest, 903 W. Main Street, Blue Springs, MO 64015. Photos will not be returned.
• All photos submitted shall become the property of the City of Blue Springs upon submission and may be used in future publications.
The contest entry deadline is Oct. 31, 2018. Email entries to email@example.com. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-655-0497.