Blue Springs is a beautiful city. City street crews maintain 268 miles of streets year-round. Unfortunately, the best of care doesn’t stop people from littering our roadways.
Citizens interested in helping to preserve the cleanliness of Blue Springs streets have a way to help keep litter and trash off the streets. The answer: volunteer to Adopt-A-Street in Blue Springs.
The City will provide your organization with:
- A press release issued by the City naming your organization as the official Adopter of the that street
- Signs at each end of the adopted roadway
- Safety information and safety vests
- Trash bags and trash pick-up
- Adoption papers good for one year
The objective of Adopt-A-Street is to generate public awareness of ways to improve the environment. Adopting a street is easy. Civic groups, businesses, scout troops, students, and individuals are invited to adopt sections of roadway for litter control.
To Adopt-a-Street, simply call Donna Caton, Utilities Project Manager at (816) 228-0277 or complete the Adopt-A-Street Request for Information Form