1901 NE Jefferson Street (Parking Lot)
2100 NE Duncan Road (main entrance to park facilities, theater, promenade)
6 a.m. to Midnight
Phase I of Gregory O Grounds Park has been completed.
This phase included:
- The construction of Lake Remembrance
- The completion of three park access points
- Duncan Road west of the Red Oaks for access to trail head
- Off of 20th Street for dog park
- Off of Jefferson Street for lake and fishing
- A trail from the Duncan Road access south to the north end of the lake (which includes three small bridges)
- An emergency/maintenance boat launch ramp off of Jefferson
- A small restroom just north of Jefferson along the future path on the east side of the lake
- A dog park off of 20th Street
- Rough grading of most of the site (mainly east and south of the Red Oaks)
- 10' wide asphalt trail around the lake (Trail Map)
The lake has been stocked and was opened for fishing in July 2007. Posted Missouri fishing regulations are enforced. Small boats are allowed
, and vehicles are restricted to designated parking areas.
There are at least three more phases
planned, but not funded at this time to complete the design for Gregory O Grounds Park at Lake Remembrance.