Economic Development Council
The Economic Development Council is responsible for advising and making recommendations regarding the sale, acquisition, and development of property; developing strategies, objectives, and policies to attract and retain business; and general policy guidelines for the City’s Economic Development program to the Mayor and City Council.
Established by Municipal Code Section 120.210
Meetings of the Economic Development Council are held on the third Wednesday morning of every other month.
The Economic Development Council is comprised of ten members:
- Six members who are residents of the City of Blue Springs
- One member appointed by the Blue Springs School District
- One member appointed by the Central Jackson County Fire Protection District
- One member appointed by the Blue Springs Chamber of Commerce
- One member appointed by Blue Springs Downtown Alive!
Resident members shall serve three-year terms. Members appointed by community partners shall serve until the appointing agency recommends a replacement. All appointments are approved by the Mayor and City Council.
One Councilmember is assigned annually to serve as a non-voting liaison.
|Rebecca Nace - Chair||2022||2023|
|Joey Zarrillo - Vice Chair||2022||2023|
|Kirk Lair - Central Jackson County Fire Protection District
|Kirk Sampson - Blue Springs School District
|Lyle Shaver - Downtown Alive!
|Lara Vermillion - Chamber of Commerce