The City of Blue Springs will host a Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event, Saturday, August 28 from 8 a.m. to noon, or until the trucks are full. The event will be held at Pink Hill Park located at 2715 N.W. Park Drive just west of James Lewis Elementary School off N Highway 7.
This event is free to Blue Springs residents as well as other participating communities in the Mid-America Regional Council (MARC) Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program. Proof of residency is required.
This is an extremely popular event and typically results in long lines. Residents are encouraged to utilize the year-around facilities included below to reduce wait times for the mobile event.
Those attending the event are asked to access Pink Hill Park using Park Road, located on the south side of the park. Traffic to Pink Hill Park is expected to be impacted due to the popularity of this event.
Items accepted include:
- automotive fluids,
- CFL light bulbs,
- household cleaners,
- hazardous liquids and solvents,
- lawn and garden products,
- pool chemicals,
- and other related products.
Explosives, tires, asbestos, and yard, medical and commercial waste will not be accepted at any Household Hazardous Waste mobile event. Commercial waste includes nonprofits, churches, home-based businesses, and rental property owners.
Blue Springs residents may take household hazardous waste to permanent centers and other mobile events free of charge.
- Kansas City Facility - 4707 Deramus Ave.; For more information, call 816-513-8400.
- Lee’s Summit Facility - 2101 SE Hamblen Rd.; For more information, call 816-550-1612
- Other 2021 Mobile Events - dates, times, and locations can be viewed online at: www.recyclespot.org/HHW.aspx, including other events in Eastern Jackson County through October.
For more information on this program or for other participating communities’ event locations and times, contact the MARC recycling information line at (816) 474-8326 or visit the City’s website at www.bluespringsgov.com/hhwaste. For additional questions or to volunteer at the event, please contact the Blue Springs Community Development Department, 816-228-0207.